programme for groups
Spend a day in Saarijärvi
Group programme ideas
- approx. 1-2 hours / destination
- In summer:
- Stone Age village, Summassaari
- Gentry home museum/ Runeberg exhibition, Kolkanlahti
- Juhola, the childhood home of the Tapper artist brothers along the rapids route
- Veijari activity park, nice things to do for the whole family
- Through the year:
- Saarijärvi Museum: Changing exhibitions of art and cultural history
- Toivi Järvinen Art Home and Sculpture Park in the museum yard
- Herala artist’s home
- Saarijärvi Church – Finland’s largest wooden dome, the church was renovated in 1998, as a road church in summer
- Hernesalmi mill, at the Tarmo Mann memorial statue in Lannevesi (along the sightseeing route) – custom meals from the region’s nature according to the season, tel. +358 50 345 5011 / Ilkka Vesterinen
- Café-Restaurant Linnan Liisa, buffet lunch, tel. +358 40 521 0978.
- Country Hotel Mulikan HillTon, tel. 040 565 3716.
- Frisee, soup and salad lunches, tel. 040 518 4124
- Saarijärvi Handicraft Center. Open Mon-Thu 10-17, Fri 10-15, 1.6.-31.8. and in December Mon-Fri 10-17 and Sat 10-15, otherwise by appointment. High-quality handicraft and arts and crafts products. Tel. 010 387 1060. Next to the church.
- Halpa Halli & HH Cafe. Versatile department store, open Mon-Sun.
- Mahlun nuorisoseura’s theatre tel. 040 758 8258
- Saarijärvi Theater: tel. 0440 424464
- Traditional, popular summer theater Theater Lumpero in Saarijärvi. Tel. 0440 424464
You can inquire about a tour guide to the group’s own bus from Risto Pynnönen, who has traditionally worked as a guide in Pyhä-Häkki National Park during the summer season. Guidance opportunities depend on his work schedule. Risto can be reached by phone at 040 064 6286.
014 4598 208 /
Saarijärven kaupunki / Matkailupalvelut
Sivulantie 11, PL 13, 43101 Saarijärvi